From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:35:56 -0700
Indigal wrote:

>I threw
> "Crazy Roy's" website in there (the boy is nuts about
> museums and has worked his heart out putting together
> a valuable resource that should be used and codes like
> a madman, constantly trying to enhance the site, so
> use it if you're smart!) because you can find tons of
> museums at the tip of your fingers.

Wow .. you nailed that one girlygirl .. "Crazy Roy" about sums it up. -
One MUST be mad to put the time I have into my site .. and mind you,
something I do in my increasingly sparse spare time.

One particular quality of my site that I do wish to emphasise is it's
"portal" nature .. it provides not only links to museum sites per se, but
a free-associated wonderland of museum "stuff" in general. - The
overarching goal is to present the public .. and the media (of which many
troll my site in search of content for articles, etc) .. with
authoritative and hard-to-find information on .. pretty much, any given
topic .. information provided by museums (and related institutions).

Throw that encyclopedia away, I say! - Museums have so much more to offer
.. as custodians of our history, culture, art, science .. the content
distribution potential is intriguing indeed.

Well. This Pollyannic proposition will get a boost when (if?) I finally
manage to have the admin areas ready for routine use by participating
organziations. - Currently in the 7 level of beta-test Hell.

--

Roy Hemmat, [log in to unmask]
Director, Discovery Media