From:
David Haberstich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:19:03 EST
 A couple of years ago, certain people on this list were proclaiming the
virtues (pun intended) of their museums' web sites. Some said that
visiting the web site was preferable to visiting the "actual" museum.
Some came very close to suggesting that in certain ways their web site
or "virtual" museum was perhaps more real than their original, "real"
museum. It's only fitting (and logical) that we should have to face the
rapidly growing problem of virtual thefts from virtual museums. (Do I
have to put a smiley on this? Oh, OK. :-) We wouldn't want to risk
having anyone take me seriously, would we? --David Haberstich