From:
Brook Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:26:47 +0000
Museum-L

We are currently working to open a new art center  and one of our
patrons/board members has offered to  assist us in fundraising by holding an
art auction.  Unfortunately, in the past, art auctions have not done very
well in this region for many factors.  The patron suggested an Online Art
Auction.   I have several questions for anyone who has worked with this type
of online event as a fundraiser.  I would also appreciate any criticism,
comments and suggestions conducting an online version rather than a live or
silent auction.

My basic questions are:
1)  If you have assisted with one, how successful was it and how did you
advertise the site?
2)  Are you aware of any sites currently dedicated to an art auction or
fundraiser?

Any information that you have available, would be greatly appreciated!  I am
trying to put together a pros/cons list to help with my research in this
project.
Thanks!!!
    Brook

--