From:
Terrence Quinlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 11:35:37 -0400
Good afternoon,

Another exciting and rewarding academic year has come to an end.
Numerous community partnerships were successfully undertaken by
students of the Applied Museum Studies (AMS) program, at Algonquin
College in Ottawa, over the past year, including the treatment of
various collection types, the development and implementation of
preservation practices and the completion of conservation/preservation
focused field placements.

The AMS Conservation Department seeks partnerships with
cultural/heritage organizations for the upcoming 2012-2013 academic
year.

We would appreciate it if you could circulate this call for
partnerships with your members. REMEMBER……No location is too far and
no project is too large or too small for us to consider partnering
with you. If you have an idea for a project…give us a call or drop us
an email.

I look forward to exploring how the AMS Conservation Department and
your institution can work together to ensure the conservation of our
collective cultural past. If you are interested in exploring
partnerships between your institution and the Applied Museum Studies
program please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

If you would like a pdf outlining our most recent program partnerships
please send a message with your email address and I will forward one
asap.

Sincerely,
Terry Quinlan
Professor of Conservation
Applied Museum Studies
Algonquin College
1385 Woodroffe Ave
Building C Room 230
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K2G 1V8
613.727.4723 extension 5060
Blog: AMS Conservation Department http://profconservation.wordpress.com/
Facebook Group: Applied Museum Studies Conservation Department
Twitter: AMSConservation
Youtube Channel: Applied Museum Studies Conservation Department