Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:40:55 -0500
WHAT IF YOU COULD DIGITIZE YOUR COLLECTIONS AND USE THEM ON YOUR COMPUTER?

FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN AT ONE OF TWO DEMONSTRATION WORKSHOPS.

The Polis Center at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis is
pioneering digital imaging technologies in Indiana by assisting museums,
archives, and libraries in scanning maps, photographs, slides, artifacts,
and other fragile and oversized materials into computerized databases of
visual information.  We are offering demonstration workshops to give you an
opportunity to see our high-resolution digital camera in action.  Learn how
to use digital imaging technologies to improve your management of document
and artifact collections.  See how you can use these new electronic tools to
expand access to your collections by depicting them on the Internet or CD-ROM.

Please take a moment to fill out the registration information below and send
it to The Polis Center, Cavanaugh Hall 301, 425 University Boulevard,
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5140, 317-274-2455, or fax it at 317-278-1830,
to reserve a space in the workshop of your choice.

e-mail inquiries may be directed to [log in to unmask]

Yes!  Please register me for participation in the following demonstration
workshop.

Introduction to Digital Imaging
Friday, July 11, 1997
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.