From:
Deb Arenz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:14:09 -0600
We have had at least two unsolicited "donations" from other museums in the
last year.  Both from larger organizations.  One item arrived with no
notification prior and NO documentation at all.  Not even a friendly note.
It was just an artifact in a box.  The only way I knew where it was from was
from the mailing label.  Surprisingly to us, it was a a state historical
society.

It is almost as bad as those folks who leave their dirty mattresses outside
of Goodwill at 4am.

Deborah B. Arenz
Senior Museum Curator
Nebraska State Historical Society