From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:02:51 -0500
Hi all,

I'm wondering if any museums out there have successfully used games
for museum publicity and/or to increase attendance? I'm looking for
something beyond the stereotypical treasure hunt through the museum or
murder mystery night but more along the lines of Alternate Reality
Games (ARGs), extended treaure hunts over a period of time (like come
back each week for a new clue) or other types of games.

If your museum has done such a thing or if you have taken part in a
game, I'd be interested in knowing about it. (Probably off-list unless
others are interested.)

Here's an article on ARGs for those of you who aren't familiar with
them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

Thanks in advance!!

Deb