From:
Kelly Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:29:04 -0700

<https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/301141/601758147e9
eef03bee97c4d01b604b7/image/jpeg>

ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Members, Sponsors, Volunteers, and Friends,

It is with great joy and great sadness that I notify you that The Bead
Museum Collection is on its way to San Diego.

The Collection has been photographed, wrapped, and packed by an
incredible group of volunteers and staff and is now on its way to the
Mingei International Museum
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=43384279&msgid=562880&act=KYV
B&c=301141&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mingei.org%2F>  in San Diego.

The Peter Francis Jr. Archives were also packed and have been picked up
and are making their way across the country back to the American Museum
of Natural History in New York.

I would like to personally thank all the sponsors, members, volunteers,
staff, and Board of Directors who played an important role in this
incredible niche museum which has been a part of Arizona for the last 25
years.

My tenure at the museum is just a blip on the screen but has been an
incredible experience for me. I have met wonderful people from all over
the world and have learned so much about the history of beads and their
importance in understanding the past and future.

I would like to say a special thank you to all my friends and family who
supported me in this endeavor. I would also like to thank the volunteers
who came in and helped pack up the museum. Your dedication was
incredible and enabled us to send it to San Diego and New York in the
condition and organized fashion that it should be. You have all become
great friends of mine and I shall never forget the time you gave to help
me during this stressful time. How truely amazing you all are.

We will not be supporting our website as we move forward but will keep
our Facebook Fan Page so that I can keep in touch and update everyone on
the exciting exhibits with our collection which will be happening at The
Mingei. I will also keep you posted on Karen Karn's status. Karen has
been hired to work with the collection at the Mingei and is looking
forward to moving to San Diego and having visitors.

Please keep in touch through Facebook.

Again, thank you all for making this such a wonderful experience.

Kelly Norton

Executive Director

The Bead Museum