From:
Silvia Filippini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:58:10 -0700
My name is Silvia Filippini Fantoni and, as some of
you might know from previous posting, I am finalizing
my PhD on the use of personalization technologies in
museums.

Despite the focus of my research is mainly on
personalization as a tool to support the learning
process (including adaptive mobile guides, online
personal collections, bookmarking in general, etc.), I
would like to write a shorter section on its potential
as a marketing tool.

Other cultural institutions such as libraries or
performing art centers, in fact, collect data about
their public through their numerous on and off line
transactions and create large Customer Relationship
Management databases, which they use to carry out
targeted marketing campaigns to promote certain
events, programs, products and books (in the case of
libraries).

I was wondering if any of you was aware of a museum
that is using CRM databases to collect information
about visitors’ characteristics and needs either
across the entire organization or limited to a
specific group like members, newsletter subscribers,
sponsors, online shoppers etc. with the aim of
carrying out personalized marketing campaigns,
developing tailor-made services and /or promoting
specific content on the website.

Looking forward to your reply,

Silvia

Looking for last minute shopping deals?