From:
Jack Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 00:35:34 -0800
My 1913 H.G. Lipscomb & Co. hardware catalog has 4 pages of lamps, and
none of them are a Coleman.

The Salt Lake Hardware Co. catalog for 1937 does list Coleman lamps and a
number of Pyrex globes.  The last globe listed is a mica globe (two sizes,
and one size has 13 pieces!)

I don't know when Coleman went into business, but it may have been between
those two dates.  The 1937 catalog describes the lanterns as having the
green lacquer finish we are familiar with today.

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab
Portland, OR
www.teleport.com/~tcl