From:
"Hart, John T" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:39:11 -0400
Good evening,

I attended a conference in March sponsored by the Longwood Graduate Program and one of the speakers was the founder of the company, Guide By Cell. This company uses the cell phone technology for tours and from the activity we all took part in, this technology is relatively easy to use, but there are some issues. First, reception; if a person has no tower reception the tour is not going to affect them. Second, cost; if the visitor is touring at a time when their cell provider charges the most, the visitor is charged, thus turning visitors off in a heart beat. I've worked with John Buchinger and NYSHA with Podcasting and found it to be very easy to do. I, like John, would say a Mac with GarageBand is the easiest way to do it, but it depends on what platform you're using now.

Regards,

John

John T. Hart, Jr.

Cooperstown Graduate Program