Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:34:09 +0100
Hello all,

Regarding men going to museums alone, you may be interested in a NY
Times article from last year titled "The Man Date" about how some men
are socially uncomfortable going out in pairs.  The article starts
with a visit to MoMA in which straight friends are so paranoid about
being seen as gay that they ignore each other in the galleries.  The
article was reprinted in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and it got a
flood of letters.  Here are links:

The Man Date; What do you call two straight men having dinner?
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/10/fashion/10date.html?ei=5090&en=37bef79604f97228&ex=1270785600&partner=rssuserland&pagewanted=all

Man date article sure gets the guys' attention
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/219990_mandates14.html

Cordially,

Travis

--