From:
Jack Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 19:34:47 -0700
I expect that I was about 6 years old; it was a Friday, the night the
family would go to the store, buy food and cash dad's paycheck.

Dad mentioned that someone had been canned (fired) that day.  Later, as
we pushed the grocery cart down the aisles, I saw the cans with a red
devil printed on the label.

Made quite an impression.  I didn't eat spam for a long time either.

Smilin' Jack