From:
Rachel Ehrenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:38:26 -0400
 My apologies for cross-listings...

   I am working with the education director of a small natural history
museum to get an evaluation procedure in place of their group programs. The
programs were  developed for student groups (k-12) that come to the museum
on field trips. They are led by docents, focusing on specific topics such
as local wildlife and  prehistoric earth. I am developing a survey for the
teachers that bring their students to assess whether the museum programs
meet their objectives, how the programs could be improved and to find out
what is working already. I have gathered a fair amount of literature on
evaluations and visitor surveys, and now I am appealing to the vast
resource of the lists:
Does anyone have a similar survey/evaluation that they have had success
with and would be willing to send me? This is my first attempt at such a
project and I am curious about they breadth of material addressed in survey
questions (and what I may have missed!)
I am finding reported return rates to be quite low, teachers: is there a
threshold length after which it becomes too cumbersome to respond to such a
survey? We are considering holding a raffle for a free museum trip for a
class, entering all respondents; do such incentives usually work?
Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, you may reply on or
off list.
Thanks in advance,
Rachel Ehrenberg