From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:03:30 -0400
Greetings: I appreciate all of your good comments.  Our educator is going to
call the state police (commander, C.O., the guy in charge of the barracks in
question) and let him/her know that this situation has occured relative to
somebody within the organization.
I hope these "strange situations" that my institution finds show what small
museums in small communities can encounter...the course of action is usually
pretty quiet and not litigious (though we have access to an attorney on our
board, we don't abuse the privilege with him unless absolutely necessary).
There are some amusing and unpleasant stories of what has happened when we
do use the "long arm of the law" to solve problems...so it last resort.
Candace Perry