From:
Robin Parkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 20:25:22 +0100
A New Zealand company has gone to considerable effort to develop a
unique drawer closer-damper for our display drawers.  These
automatically close our drawers gently.  They keep our Discovery Centres
tidy and we feel these patented devices will moderate the jarring of any
artefacts displayed within.  However, since our new Museum, Te Papa,
won't open for another four months, these drawer closers haven't had
their trial by fire -- yet.  But I can say that the prototypes have
tested well and look very robust.  You may want to contact Gary Gerard,
Development Manager, Hydestor Manufacturing Ltd, phone: (country code
64) 9-274-0026, fax: (country code 64) 9-274-0763.  Good luck,Robin
ParkinsonHead of DesignTe Papa, the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa
TongarewaWellington, New Zealand
> Date:    Mon, 6 Oct 1997 17:04:29 -0700> From:    David Baccadutre
<[log in to unmask]>> Subject: Drawers> Is there
anyone that could furnish information on discovery drawers?> (Success,
accessability, fabrication, organization of, etc.) We are> considering
their use as a major component of a new exhibit.> David Baccadutre>
Exhibits Dept.> New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science