From:
Chris Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:09:29 -0600
I'm looking for some suggestions on how to clean an antique mechanically
animated Santa. It was one that was a window display into the 1940s and
1950s.

It has a pink velvet like coat that needs some cleaning but the main
thing is the beard - my knowledgeable local craft people tell me the
beard is wool - I wasn't sure myself - but they seem positive and all
three people have immediatly told me the same answer.

This was stored in an open room for years before we received it and the
beard is pretty grey and dingy looking, we have used it for temporary
display during the holiday season, but it is looking pretty poor and
would like to take the grime out before next season and then build it a
nice case to the dust out in the future.

Any suggestions on how to clean this - the beard is attached but the
coat can be removed- ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris Taylor
Executive Director