From:
Tim Atherton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:20:13 -0600
> I haven't heard about this organization, but the US and Iraq have both
> accepted UNESCO's 1970 convention on importing and exporting cultural
> property, so the ACCP will have to do more than lobby its government.
> They'll have to take on international law.

Tim,

I hate to sound pessimistic, but "international law" doesn't seem to have
held much sway in the last couple of months. I'm not sure the Pearles and
Wolfowitz's who can sway this kind of deal worry too much about UNESCO. And
these are the people of are setting up the staffing of the new, soon to be,
military government of Iraq.

tim