From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:14:39 -0500
My pleasure.

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum
museum_bob
http://www.bchm.org

----------
From:   Alex Avdichuk[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Thursday, May 14, 1998 9:50 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: User Fees?, Natural History

Gee, Robert,  more people like you should live in Ontario.  Then maybe we
can do something positive about our current attitude towards taxation, and
the harm it is doing to our museums and not-for-profit organizations.

I've never heard it put quite so  well as you did when you said, "People,
if you don't want to pay universally, in relatively small
amounts, then you must pay individually for the services that would
otherwise be covered by tax revenues."

Thanks for an insightful observation.

Alex Avdichuk
City of Toronto