From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:29:33 -0500
In the mountains of southwestern Virginia it's hard NOT to give deer hunting
season off. <s>
We provide two weeks annual leave each year, pro-rated during an employee's
first year.  We have seven paid holidays and at the executive director's
discretion, arrange for an extended holiday break (starting with the day
before Christmas and ending Jan. 2) to enable employees to have a midwinter
break, which can add four days paid leave.  Sick leave is seven days per
year, again pro-rated during an employee's first year.

The question arises from an employee, once in awhile, why we don't add
vacation days as they build up seniority.  This is not common in this
region, evidently, and the board has never agreed to proposals for such a
policy.  I am going to try again, proposing that beginning in an employee's
tenth year of fulltime employment, a third week be provided.

Ross Weeks Jr., Historic Crab Orchard Museum & Pioneer Park
Tazewell VA