From:
Allyn Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 14:36:43 -0500
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Wade Lawrence wrote:

> We would be very interested in opinions or studies which would help us
> determine the maximum number of visitors we should allow in the house at
> any one time and whether there is a maximum cumulative number.

Wade:

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but we will be dealing
with the issue of crowds in historic houses at the upcoming annual meeting
of the Southeastern Museums Conference in Raleigh (Oct. 22-25).  Robin
Gabriel from Monticello has put together a program on the topic, and
perhaps we could put your question up for discussion during the Q&A
portion of the session.

Meanwhile, if you receive any worthwhile responses to your query, please
let me know and I'll pass the information along to members of SEMC's
historic house affinity group.  Thanks.

Allyn Lord, Asst. Director
Rogers Historical Museum        [log in to unmask]
322 S. Second St.               501/621-1154
Rogers, AR  72756               501/443-1302 (home)