From:
Tchira Seligman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 16:07:36 -0400
The Jewish Museum San Francisco currently has an exhibit on display called "A
Family Album:  Photographs from the Russian Jewish Emigre Community."  The
exhibit was curated by Sonia Melnikova-Lavigne, a local Russian Jewish
curator and artist.  This exhibit is showing concurrently with our other
exhibit, "Russia in Black and White:  The Photojournalism of Yevgeny
Khaldei."  We also have a series of monthly "Family Sundays" programs
inspired by both exhibits.

The photographs in "A Family Album" date from the early 1900s to the present,
and come from the personal collections of local (San Francisco) Russian
Jewish emigres.  The photographs are accompanied by poignant and often tragic
stories about their subjects, as well as current photographs of the
photographs' lenders.  We've gotten a great response from our visitors, many
of whom have found images of family or friends contained in the exhibit.

If you'd like more information, please contact me via e-mail, or at (415)
543-2090 x210.  Hope this helps!

Tchira Seligman, Public Relations Associate
The Jewish Museum San Francisco