From:
Anna Fariello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:14:15 -0400
Dear Shawn,
This is a carry-over from last week's thread...Virginia Tech does not have
a formal museum studies program although I have taught Museum Studies
courses there  under the auspices of my own department and the dept of Art
and Art History.  There is a doctoral program in Public Administration that
focuses more on government rather than cultural sector.
Virginia Commonwealth U is 5 hours from Wytheville and offers an M.A. in
Museum Studies through the Art History dept.  It is an excellent program,
but the only one in the state.
We have an active state museum association and a fledging Southwest
Virginia Museums list-serve.  Contact me off line and I will put you in
touch with those folks.
Anna Fariello