From:
Janet MacLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:39:59 -0400
Founded in 1981 in response to an emerging need for specialized planning services in the museum, cultural and heritage sector, Lord Cultural Resources is now the world's largest cultural professional practice. With the successful completion of more than 2,000 projects in 50 countries on 6 continents, the firm has earned an international reputation for sector leadership, innovation and excellence.

We are dedicated to the creation of cultural capital worldwide, the value created as a result of the maximization of cultural resources. Our mission is to collaborate with people and organizations to plan and manage cultural places, programs and resources that deliver excellence in the service of society.

We distinguish ourselves through a comprehensive and integrated full-service offering built on a foundation of visioning, planning and implementation. We help clients clarify their goals; we provide them with the tools to achieve those goals; and we leave a legacy as a result of training and collaboration. Our clients are in all sectors including private and public corporations, foundations, governments and non-profit institutions.

With a network of offices in Toronto, New York, Paris, Madrid, Beijing and Mumbai, we conduct ourselves with respect for local adaptation, cultural diversity and collaboration, embodying the highest standards of integrity, ethics and professional practice.

Please visit our website at http://www.lord.ca to learn more.

We are currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Research Assistant in our New York office.

Role

As a member of our New York team, you will be working with a group of talented and creative individuals, undertaking a range of functions to help ensure initiatives within our organisation run smoothly. In addition to providing research and administrative support, Research Assistants have the opportunity to contribute to current projects, the procurement process, and to internal strategic initiatives. A Research Assistantship promises to be an exciting and rewarding experience, providing you with the opportunity to meet and work with colleagues in the field, establish an international network, and learn and develop new skills.

Qualifications
The successful candidate must be a motivated adaptable team player with the ability to multi task, work independently, learn quickly, and deliver on tight deadlines. The candidate will have strong analytical abilities, take initiative, be detail oriented and be an excellent communicator. Other key qualifications include:
•	Relevant undergraduate degree or diploma and/or equivalent experience or training. Master’s level work an asset. Relevant fields include but are not limited to: cultural or visual arts studies, history, anthropology, natural sciences, education or communication;
•	Proven prior research experience;
•	Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data;
•	Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English (additional languages an asset, Arabic, French, Spanish);
•	Strong visual communication skills, with experience in developing graphics (such as charts and diagrams) to communicate data, concepts and ideas;
•	Experience in the one of following fields would be an asset: arts, education, museums, zoos, gardens, aquaria, or history/heritage;
•	Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
•	Excellent interpersonal skills;
•	Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and be well organized;
•	Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
•	A genuine interest in culture, heritage, the arts, and non-profit organizations.

Please forward your application including cover letter, resume, brief writing sample, and contact details for three references (professional and/or academic) to Priya Sircar, either by email at [log in to unmask] or to:

Lord Cultural Resources
154 Spring Street
2nd Floor
New York, NY  10012

This is a full-time position, compensated at an hourly rate. Contract term is six months, beginning late August/early September, with potential to extend.

All applications must be received no later than August 30, 2012.

Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes cultural diversity in our workforce.

Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.