From:
Scott Tiffany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:09:33 EDT
Hi,

I'm working on a new television series for the History Channel entitled
"History's Lost and Found."  The three-part debut aired last December and it
will become a weekly series this summer.  We tell the fascinating stories of
interesting artifacts that are tied to historical people, places or events.
The emphasis is on the artifact's history-ie: what's the story behind Sigmund
Freud's couch?  (It's in London and it arrived from Austria after Freud fled
the country-he only used it for about a year before he died).

We are looking for new artifact story ideas.  These are stories about
artifacts that have a unique/curious history or make you think, "Oh yeah,
what ever happened to that?" (ex: Paul Revere's Lanterns).  Other stories are
artifacts that make you say, "I never knew that" (ex: Washington's False
Teeth-they weren't wooden).  I would appreciate any suggestions you may have
for artifacts in your collections, or artifacts you know about from your
studies and travels.  We try to cover a wide range of artifacts: strange
(Einstein's brain), Americana (the Liberty Bell), Hollywood (the African
Queen boat), etc.  Despite the title, the artifacts DON'T HAVE to be lost
and/or found.

Thank you very much for your consideration and any help/ideas you can provide
(and please excuse any cross postings).  I hope this may be an opportunity to
showcase some of your artifacts or at least allow you to send us hunting for
that artifact you've always wondered about….

Sincerely,
Scott Tiffany