From:
"Hart, John T" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:02:24 -0400
For an internship I held at Saratoga National Historical Park and at Shelburne Museum I had to use digital cameras a lot. I found that my favorite was at Shelburne, they used an Olympus, unfortunately that specific model is no longer made. However, when I went to purchase a camera to use in my graduate program at Cooperstown Graduate Program, I still bought a newer Olympus Model FE-115. It is a 5 megapixel, meaning that the images are really good quality. Just so you know if you go to a store, most computers can't really process information beyond 5 or 6 megapixels so don't waste your money, you'll get terrific shots with a 5mp. You'll definitely want a zoom which has already been mentioned and this camera that I have does zoom but also has a few features that are helpful, such as 'Shot Steadier' and 'Night shots'. The night is good if your object is in a darker area, I can't explain exactly how it works but it takes great shots in darker conditions. Make sure you get a good memory card too, you don't want to have to rush back and forth downloading the pictures every few shots. Also, get some good quality rechargeable batteries, they are great and that way you can have a set in the camera and a set on standby. Tripods are good but get a kit that has a cleaning kit and a mini tripod in it, I find that is really useful sometimes. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch with me, I've been working with computers and digital cameras/equiptment since high school and have a lot of experience with them. Take Care, John T. Hart, Jr. Cooperstown Graduate Program Class of 2008