From:
Karen Kroslowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 1994 08:23:04 +22305714
Matt-
You can subscribe to MUSEUM-L by sending the message:
subscribe yourfullname
to [log in to unmask] or LISTSERV at the BITNET address you used.
This is usually the way to subscribe to most groups.

Now I have a question for you, hope you don't mind.
My husband and I will be traveling to Monterey next weekend so that he can
interview for a position at Moss Landing Marine Labs, and so that I can
scope out job possibilities.  I noticed "SF" in your address and wondered
if I could pick your brain for any info or assistance you might be able to
give.
I'm a Collections Manager for Bishop Museum, Malacology collection (snails
and the like), but have also worked in botanical, fish and vertebrate
collections. I've already sent resumes to the museums from Los Gatos to
Monterey in hopes of a lead, and of course have been searching alternate
possiblities at the Monterey Aquarium & its affiliated research institute.
I don't know if there are any kind of museum consulting groups in the
area, but I have been trying to find info on any.
I hope this isn't an inconvenience to you, and I thank you wholeheartedly
in advance of any information you might be able to pass my way.

Karen J. Kroslowitz                     phone: 808-848-4118
Natural Sciences, Malacology            fax:   808-841-8968
Bernice P. Bishop Museum                [log in to unmask]
1525 Bernice Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
The opinions expressed here are solely my own, and not necessarily
those of Bishop Museum.