Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:29:11 -0700
Hi Elizabeth,

Our formal policy is that food and drink are not allowed in our galleries. We do have several signs with that stated before the gallery entrance, and we will also offer to hold drinks at the visitor services counter.

That said, if we see bottled water in a bag that is capped, we don't stop the visitor from bringing it in. If they take it out, security will ask them to remove it from the gallery. It's 110 here and we really don't want to make people give up their water.

I don't think I've seen a policy and procedure specifically about food and drink in the gallery but it is part of our larger collection management plan.

Ilana Short
Museum Attendant II
Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas

Sent from my iPhone