From:
JHANDLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:26:00 -0800

     Preach it sister!  You're right on.

     John Handley
     San Francisco

From:   Deb Fuller[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, July 28, 1998 3:54 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: The Value of an M.A. - $7.25/hr?

Museums need to get people knoweldgeable in business finance,
specifically non-profit business finance, to look at where money is being
wasted and how money can be spent wiser.  It might turn out that a few
"exclusive" wine and cheese parties a year will fund a 5% salary increase.
Or maybe completely restructuring the membership program will attract more
donors.  The gift shop could be run very ineffeciently or marketing is
lacking.  There are lots of opportunities to get money needed to run a
museum and pay the employees a respectable wage.  No, we aren't ever going
to be paid as much as computer consultants but we don't need to earn a
pittance just because we love our jobs either.

Deb Fuller

Staples &  Charles Ltd.
225 N Fairfax St.
Alexandria, VA 22314