From:
"Lynn A. Bethke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:57:21 -0500
You might check out MuseumBlogs.org (http://www.museumblogs.org/) and Museum
2.0 (http://museumtwo.blogspot.com/).  I recently wrote my master's thesis
on museum blogging, and the success of your blog really depends on how well
you can establish a niche and connect to a public.

You can see my running thoughts on it at Im in Ur Museum Blogz
(http://museumblogthesis.blogspot.com/).  I also keep one for the museum I'm
working for now - Adventures in Collections Management
(http://managingcollections.blogspot.com/).  So far, I have not attempted to
connect with the local community, so readership is limited primarily to
individuals who know me personally and professionally.  I hope when we begin
to publicize the museum that the blog will help to provide a human face.
Blogs have the potential to connect people, even if they don't always live
up to the potential.