From:
"Kevin J. Comerford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 01:50:20 UT
Thanks John for doing the homework on this odd note.
As sort of a 'sociological anecdote' I have to share that I found this mail
truly ironic, in that a member of the Redmond Assembly of God has recently
been hanging around the parking lot where I work telling anyone who will
listen that SPAM e-mail is the work of the Devil.  Apparently his congregation
feels that SPAM mail will proliferate to the point where it clogs all Internet
resources to the point that it will grind to a halt (and of course somehow
brings about the end of the world).  Sort of like the Tower of Babylon
phenomenon in reverse.  Go figure.

Kevin Comerford
Media Archives Manager
Microsoft Corporation