From:
Kim Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2016 13:50:37 -0500
EXHIBIT DESIGNER
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGNER
INTERIOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER

The PRD Group LLC, a nationally recognized exhibition design and museum planning studio in Chantilly Virginia, seeks an experienced and motivated designer with a passion for creating experiential environments for public audiences.  Our work in museums offers the opportunity to explore the intersection of theater, architecture, media, and interpretative design techniques in shaping transformational learning experiences.

We welcome candidates with exhibition design experience and those with related experience in architectural, environmental, industrial, or interior design.  We seek creativity, technical skill, a collaborative spirit, a strong work ethic, and a sense of purpose in the pursuit of design excellence.

Job Description

The Designer will take a leadership role on project teams, working with clients, PRD leadership, our in-house environmental, graphic, and technical designers, specialty consultants, and our content development team.  Responsibilities include:

•	Concept Development of exhibition environment and visitor experience
•	Detailed design of physical environments and exhibit display compositions
•	Collaboration with media, acoustic, lighting, and accessibility consultants
•	Collaboration with content developers in developing interpretive design
•	Design documentation
•	Implementation supervision

Qualifications

•	Bachelor or advanced degree in exhibit, architectural, or industrial design
•	Three or more years of experience in a related field – exhibit design experience preferred
•	Strong verbal and visual ideation skills
•	Demonstrated ability to design fully integrated interior spaces
•	Fluency in Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite for MAC
•	Experience at all phases of the design process from programming to punch-list
•	Awareness of relevant accessible design standards

Submittal

Please submit digital resume, letter of interest, and portfolio to [log in to unmask]

To learn more about PRD please visit our website www.theprdgroup.com