From:
"Jose A. Ortiz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:45:31 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>   The difference between Museum Studies
> and Arts Administration @ NYU is that the former's students are trained
> for collections mgmt, some curatorial work, etc. while the latter's
> students tend to work in variety of positions within museums, foundations,
> cultural services departments of cities, etc. as managers and fundraisers.
> As a student at the end of completing the NYU Museum Studies program, I
have to clarify that the program prepares you for a variety of positions
in museums based on your former experience and/or desires.  For example,
I have had classes in  curatorial, art law, cataloging, administration,
and exhibition design.  Not everyone in the program is interested in
object based careers.

For information on the NYU Museum Studies Program contact:
Dr. Flora Kaplan
NYU Museum Studies
19 University Place, Rm 308
New York, NY 10003