From:
Jon Litwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:59:53 -0500
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:03:04 -0600, Slaton JD (J) at MSXSOPC <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have some hands-on exhibits, and are planning many more. We are a
>petroleum museum, so most of our things of this nature are pumps, valves,
>old vehicles used in the refinery, and many types of training tools. We have
>everything cataloged and tagged, and generally trust people. But then we may
>not get near as many visitors as you do.
>

>>       J.D. Slaton
>>       President, Shell Wood River History Museum
>>       Try the Museum Homepage at:
>>         http://www.shellhistorymuseum.org
>>       Wood River Refining Company, Equilon Enterprises, LLC
>>       618-255-3716

Hello,
I just found your archives and am currently just getting into them. I like
this list already!
Regarding 'touchable objects', if they do not have to be loose, there are
mounts that can be fabricated that will secure the object, yet are not overly
obtrusive.
They tend to be challenging in their fabrication, however they work in that
the objects do stay put.
Regards,
Jon