From:
Chantelle Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:34:14 -0500
It is more than just an opportunity for user access. Crowdsourcing
the onerous task of tagging/SEO-ing/researching digitized materials
is, in my research and work, a way to _translate_ collections on line
in ways that utilize the emerging social and semantic technologies to
move beyond merely early 90s style emulation of meatspace. Not only
does your collection get organized/worked on for free but socialized,
publicized and spread with potential for as-yet undefined pedagocial
richness.

My two cents.
Chantelle Oliver
OISE/University of Toronto