From:
Felicia Pickering <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 09:38:56 -0400
I thought the list might be interested in a new book coming out by a
Smithsonian conservator.  The book is called Saving Stuff: How to Care for
and Preserve Your Collectibles, Heirlooms, and Other Prize Possessions,
by Don Williams and Louisa Jaggar.  The url below links to the amazon.com
page on the book.

http://tinyurl.com/cn38q

I know a lot of museums get calls from the public asking how to care for
family heirlooms, and thought this book title might be something good to
pass on to people, as well as something some of us might find useful
ourselves.

Disclaimer:  I work for the Smithsonian but not in the same branch as Don
Williams. Just thought the list might be interested in this book ....