From:
Jane Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 09:02:41 -0600
Since several aspects of *comfort* have surfaced in this discussion,
I wanted to add one more that to me, as a single mom visiting museums
seemed pretty wonderful.  And the only place I've seen it is in our
Children's Museum here in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Their restrooms have the standard changing tables that we've all
begun to see, in both the men's and women's room.  But in addition
they had a product, manufactured by the same company as the changing
table, that actually fit on the inside of the stall door.  It looks
similar to a booster seat, but is mounted in such a way that you can
place the baby safely in the seat while you attend to your
*business*.  Anyone who has every tried to go to the bathroom alone
with a baby in tow can understand what a wonderful idea this is, and
I think it's great to see this advance in a museum.  Somehow it made
me feel they were really thinking about me as a visitor.  Hope this
helps!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jane Jones                                   x   "Man is rich in
Director                                     x   proportion to the
Arkansas Natural & Scenic Rivers Commission  x   number of things
1500 Tower Building                          x   he can afford to
323 Center Street                            x   let alone."
Little Rock, Arkansas  72201                 x
(501)324-9159                                x  Henry David Thoreau
FAX  (501)324-9154                           x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx