From:
Beth Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:02:28 -0700
Dear Nicki, and list friends -

I teach a course for museum and other professionals specifically to help
them evaluate multimedia resources/providers. It is called "How to Buy
Multimedia Service for your Company - Insider Tips for Smart Shopping". I am
scheduled to teach it in San Francisco, California, Tuesday, Aug 31 and
again Monday, October 4. It is a three hour class,6:30-9:30 PM.

Multimedia can add fabulous communication power, sophisticated scholarship
and unparalleled visitor experience to museums, galleries, science centers
and aquaria. But locating reputable vendors who will deliver your vision
within your budget, on time, and with the robust quality required for public
access can be a daunting task.  Once the vendor is located, following
through with the project requires yet another set of unique skills.

The course attendees will develop an interview script to evaluate vendors,
covers contract language that protects the museum/gallery in this age on
digital copyrights and intellectual property laws, provides pointers on how
to verify credentials, and  tips on outsource project management specific to
multimedia developers. There is a brief section on what to do when if the
project  starts to get into trouble (budget, delivery schedule or technical
issues).

Nicki, I can see that you are in England, so will probably not be attending
the course! If you would email me off line, I would arrange to send you the
course material. I will also be happy to answer any questions you might
have, and provide general support.

For those folks interested in attending one of the upcoming sessions, you
can reserve a space by calling 415/788.5500 (The Learning Annex, the
organization that hosts these two session). I believe the course fee is $39,
and includes the work book I have developed.

If there is interest in providing the course at other locations, please
contact me off line to see what can be arranged.

Good luck with your upcoming projects, Nicki! Let me know if I can be of
service.

Warm Regards-

Beth Macdonald
Big Head Interactive