From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:54:44 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  'Godzilla' Crocodile Had Head Of A Dinosaur, Fins Like A Fish
Researchers have discovered evidence of an ancient sea creature that would
have made Tyrannosaurus rex, think twice before stepping into the ocean

**  New Horned Dinosaur Species Found in Prehistoric Graveyard in the
Badlands of Alberta
The new species, named Centrosaurus brinkmani, belongs to the group of
dinosaurs related to the well-known Triceratops, but lived about 10 million
years earlier

**  'Three Wishes' digs for dinos
Brett, 7, joined renowned palaeontologist Paul Sereno of the University of
Chicago and co-founder of Project Exploration for his wish to be part of a
dinosaur dig

**  Missing Fossil Link Dallasaurus
When amateur fossil finder Van Turner discovered a small vertebra at a
construction site near Dallas 16 years ago, he knew the creature was unlike
anything in the fossil record
lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Dinosaurs got munchies for grass
A study of fossil dinosaur dung has for the first time confirmed that the
ancient reptiles ate grass

**  Dinosaur Bones Garnering Attention in Southeast Missouri
The small southeast Missouri town of Glen Allen is getting a lot of
attention from scientists: it's the only place in Missouri where dinosaur
bones have been found

**  Feathered reptile fossil stirs evolution debate
Last month Larry Martin, professor and senior curator at KU's Natural
History Museum, received an e-mail from a Russian scientist who found a
fossil of a reptile that appears to have had feathers

**  State Budgets Keep Dinosaur Tracks Buried
That's what happened almost 30 years ago, when 1,500 dinosaur tracks, made
about 200 million years ago, were buried under layers of polyurethane foam
and sand

**  Horizons Unlimited hosts 2005 N.C. Fossil Fair
Exhibitors included palaeontologists from the Smithsonian's Department of
Palaeobiology, the Aurora Fossil Museum, the Schiele Museum of Natural
History, PCS Phosphate, N.C. Museum of Natural Science and 28 members of the
N.C. Fossil Club

**  Bone Bonanza - Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Centre

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History