From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:05:45 -0400
That is actually where I learned how to do it and got some practice, I did grad school there. This twisty paper can do that fabulous stuff, and you can use a curling iron on it to get the ringlets. When you uncurl it, it has that texture in it that looks somewhat like hair. It takes a little practice, but if you play with it, you can get those fabulous wigs. Buckram you can get at craft suppliers as well, just put a thin layer of plastic on a mannequin head, cover with the wet buckram, let it dry. after a couple of layers you have a very stable cap to glue the hair to. You can cut it down afer you make the wig to have a nice invisible hairline. Books and antique magazines can give you images of appropriate hairstyles for different periods. The curls are actually easier to do than the shorter simpler styles.

Elizabeth Walton
www.clotheslinejournal.com