From:
William Bevil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:51:13 -0400
Dear Museum-L Moderator,

I completely agree that this topic thread is not appropriate for the
Museum-L and would implore you to kindly request the various parties
concerned take the subject to another forum.  There are MANY more
appropriate lists for discussions of war and politics. For instance, may
I suggest the "Yahoo! Iraq War Discussion Forum":

The postings on the war have become increasingly hostile. I have also
seen it suggested that because there are "military museums" out
there, the topic is relevant.  So, in that tradition, one should be able to
talk about anything at all, simply because somewhere there is
probably an item in a museum that pertains to it.  Why even call it a
Museum List, then?  If I wanted to talk about war and politics, I would
join the aforementioned group over at Yahoo!

I enjoy receiving the thoughts, comments and suggestions of my
peers in the museum field on topics relating to my profession. I would
like to continue to subscribe to this list.  However, with each new
message in my mailbox regarding the war in Iraq, it is beginning to
feel like a source of unwanted junk mail.

SIncerely,

W. Bevil