From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:03:43 -0500
Hi all
(apologies for cross posting to various lists)

We're in the middle of master planning and will be moving our ticketing operation to new space.  We're 75 yrs old this year and ticketing has up until this point always been in the main entrance lobby (and has always had problems)

Have any of you from large institutions used consultants to help you plan your ticketing area?

We have about 1.5 million visitors a year  as general gate (not groups) and want to make sure we are allocating enough space for ticketing, lockers, restrooms, will call, membership etc. as visitors prepare to enter the exhibit area.

We are also interested in pros and cons of two arrangements
a.  A large free-flow area where all services are available
b.  A directed flow arrangement, where people follow a set path from service area to service area.

Anybody have experience with this or firms they would recommend we contact?

Thanks
Linda

Linda Wilson
Manager, Audience Research and Evaluation
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
PH (312) 692 3261
FAX (312) 939-8677

"Objective evidence and certitude are doubtless very fine ideals to play with,
but where on this moonlit and dream-visited planet are they found?"
William James