From:
"Janet P. Bisbee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:11:48 -0400
The Givens Foundation for African American Literature, Minneapolis, is
launching a project on the Black Arts Movement and would appreciate any
information on existing projects (exhibits, curriculum, publications, etc.)
that may be in the works, or people that are working in this area. Please
forward any suggestions or items of interest to [log in to unmask]

The Givens Foundation serves the Givens Collection of African American
Literature housed at the University of Minnesota. Its mission is to
celebrate and promote African American literature and history through
programs and activities that encourage and increase public awareness of
African American writers. "Spirited Minds: African American Books for Our
Sons and Our Brothers" (W.W. Norton & Company)is the first major
publication of the Foundation. Our exhibition, "A Stronger Soul Within A
Finer Frame: Portraying African Americans in the Black Renaissance",
currently is traveling around the country.

Thank you.

Bisbee and Associates
568 Grand Avenue
St. Paul MN  55102

Janet Bisbee, George Slade, Marissa Onheiber
612.227-0287 or 612.227-9549 Phone
612.227-8892 FAX