From:
Jocelyn Cranefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:29:00 PST
>The Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History is currently planning an
>exhibit about sounds in nature ... To avoid re-inventing too many wheels, I
>would appreciate hearing
>about exhibits that you have seen (or made) that have incorporated
>sound in an interactive way, any presentations you felt were effective,
>and any information you could supply about sources of natural sound.

Here's some advice forwarded from our Contracts Manager, Technology, John
Charlton:

"For inexpensive (a relative term) digital sound stores you could try
Electrosonic. They have agents in Toronto and there is a major office in
Minneapolis.  There is lots of PC software for analysing audio via
soundblaster cards which they can use to compare sound waveforms"

Jocelyn Cranefield, Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa