From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:40:38 UT
I am surprised to still see these types of alerts.  E-mail in and of itself is
harmless.  it is nothing more than a text file.  in order for any harm to come
from an e-mail message it would have to be in the form of an executable
'attachment'.  if you recieve e-mail with attachments from someone you do not
know and still download and execute it then shame on you.
a good rule of thumb is that if you don't know them and/or you did not ask for
the attached file then just delete the message and go on with your day. And
remember, E-MAIL IS HARMLESS!

Gary Acord
Acord Information Management