From:
Mandy Langfald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:42:11 -0600
Hi All,

I have a question has anyone heard of a material called “Show Loop” it is a cloth material that Velcro will stick too. A small museum that has recently come “into the fold” so to speak wants to use this material. I saw some of it the other day and it looks, feels and SMELLS like car upholstery to me. The smell of it is the thing that really concerns me. I am sure it must be off gassing something. The curator there insists that it is fine to put artifacts on. I’m a little nervous about it and was wondering if any of you know of this product and if it is really safe for exhibit display.

Thanks in advance. As always you are the best.

Mandy Langfald
Curator of Collection
Wyoming State Museum
307-777-7033