From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:26:05 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Dinosaur fossils destroyed
The Geological Survey Bureau yesterday called on the Cabinet to immediately
ban the destruction of dinosaur footprints and fossil remains after almost
1,000 specimens in Nakhon Phanom's Tha Uthen district were damaged by quarry
explosions

**  Dinosphere dy-no-mite for museum
Fascination with the Dinosphere exhibit at The Children's Museum has boosted
attendance by nearly 30 percent in its first three months, drawing people
from far beyond Indianapolis

**  Other Fossil news: Prehistoric bones in Starke County
As he tilled the ground where his mint and soybeans grow, Larry Wappel knew
right away he'd hit something hard
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Feature Site: Scenes of the Dinosaurs
Meet the long-necked Apatosaurus and hear the roar of a 23-foot-long
Albertosaurus as it prepares to fight a spiky Euoplocephalus swinging a
club-like tail

**  Sir William of Melstone joins dinosaur elite
Sir William died about 67 million years ago, estimates Stein, curator of the
Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Centre in Woodland Park, Colo., and field
collections manager of Triebold Palaeontology

**  Dinosaur lives to tell tale as university bows to popular vote
A giant, plastic Tyrannosaurus Rex that has become a Glasgow landmark has
been saved from destruction

**  Dinosaur fossils routinely sold
Dinosaur fossils are routinely sold illegally on the black market, including
at Chatuchak Weekend Market, an expert disclosed

***  Dino-Birds: From Dinosaurs to Birds  ***
Dinosaur expert Angela Milner looks at the astounding fossil
"feathery"dinosaurs from China and the bird fossils from other sights around
the world
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0565091743/drdrumsnotforpro

**  Scientist hot on trail of dino killer
"It's a mystery. Who tried to kill Lucky the hadrosaur?" Wegweiser said.
"Like a criminal line-up, the suspects file in and each has an 'x' across
its face."

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

What our readers say:

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History

First of all I would like to tell you how much I enjoy reading  Dinosaurnews
each week.. Immensely appreciated....
Phil Rutledge, The Grace Museum