From:
Jodi Perelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:40:40 -0700
While I agree with your basic argument, David, let's put this into context.
Our culture has long suffered the elitism of the academy (while not every
individual academic is elitist--although some are). I agree it doesn't move
us forward to perpetuate the same in reverse. But have some understanding
(and perhaps compassion) from whence it comes.

jodi