From:
SALSFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 14:35:39 +0000
I am pleased to announce the launch (last week) of a WWW site representing the
Canadian Museum of Civilization, produced in collaboration with Digital
Equipment of Canada Ltd.

Content includes historical background, current and upcoming exhibitions,
public services, an overview of the collections, and a section offering
mail-order publications and products.  Imagemap-based tours of the three floors
of exhibition galleries are included;  a detailed tour of the Canada Hall
(Canadian history) is available and will be joined in coming months by the
Grand Hall (Pacific Coast Native village) and the "Great Adventure" component
of our Children's Museum.  Information on the Canadian War Museum (an affiliate
of CMC) and the National Postal Museum (a division of CMC) can also be found
here.

Information is available in both English and French.

You can find us at:
http://www.cmcc.muse.digital.ca/

Constructive comments and critique welcome
on the list or privately to me.

Stephen Alsford
Special Projects Officer
Canadian Museum of Civilization