From:
MARIEA FISHER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 14:57:45 +1000
from Mariea Fisher [log in to unmask]

One of the most useful aspect of Museum-L is that it is broad.  It's easy to
read
one message and if this isn't pertinent to delete others related to the title
without
spending time reading them.  Difficulties will arise in segregation of topics
when
several areas are of interest and who would define what fitted where?  I hope
the
list isn't splintered and that I can remain aware of museum issues being
discussed
across the board which certainly affect all museum practice.

Reply to message text:

  From: Geraldine Rodwell <[log in to unmask]>

Many of our staff,  although very interested in the idea of Museum-L, are
finding it just too broad to plough through when so many of the subjects are
not of interest to them.  I have offered to be the moderator for our staff
and lots of them have said `Great'.  Clearly the discussion list  needs to
be splintered.

Geraldine Rodwell
Reference Librarian , Research Library
Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, Australia